8.06.2009

Healthy? On a road trip?

I have been attempting "healthy" unsuccessfully, for a while now. I love to run, but I tend to over do it when I train. After about 6-7 weeks, I get an injury or illness, get out of habit, blah, blah, blah, excuses, excuses, excuses. I also do an okay job at healthy eating, some of the time, but never quite go all the way.

So while we're on the road, I'm going to challenge myself to eat healthy foods and to be as active as humanly possible. I think the only days we intend on driving all day is on the way to Austin, so the activity part shouldn't be much of an issue. Also, we're going to be traveling through some of the most beautiful hiking areas, so I know neither one of us will want to give up the chance to get off of the beaten path. Considering that Dana is a fastidiously healthy eater, I won't even have to think about that part. I'm hoping to learn all of that from her by osmosis, by the end of the trip!

Of course, most of the people who are reading this know that I won't give up my drinks. I have my standards, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment